Ellen S. Platt, MEd, CRC, CCM
Geriatric/Aging LifeCare Manager
The Option Group, LLC
The Option Group, LLC provides unique services to families in order to skillfully navigate longevity. The company is known for its high level of personal care, depth of expertise and immediate response to client’s needs.
Ms. Platt is founder and owner of The Option Group, LLC. Her team conducts comprehensive evaluations, makes recommendations, implements a plan of care and coordinates resources to support it. They provide a thorough knowledge of the healthcare industry and can help families skillfully navigate the maze. Additionally, they provide advocacy services and can assist with care in the home or placement in a facility. Ongoing monitoring can also be set up so that the most appropriate plan of care can be implemented at all times and changes can be made to address changes in condition and avoid crises. The goal is to identify ways to enhance the quality of life for the clients she serves, in the safest, yet least restrictive environment possible, taking safety, independence, function, and comfort levels into consideration.
Ellen is both a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor, and a Certified Professional Geriatric/Aging LifeCare Manager, with a span of 30 years providing care management and case coordination services to those with catastrophic injury, chronic diseases and disabilities. Out of that experience, she created The Option Group to address similar needs and services specifically for seniors or those with special conditions and their family caregivers and guardians. Her primary practice focuses on working with caregivers and aging families and the large variety of issues and needs specific to that population.
National Certifications: *All certifications are maintained through ongoing continuing ed & professional development *
Certified Rehabilitation Counselor, 1993-Present
- Certified Geriatric/Aging LifeCare Manager, 2009-Present
- Certified Case Manager, 2009-Present
- Aging Life Care Association ALCA (Formerly Nat’l Assoc of Professional Geriatric Care Managers – NAPGCM)
Mid-Atlantic Chapter of Aging LifeCare
- Association, past Board Member
- Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC)
- Commission for Case Management Certification (CCMC)
- Baltimore County Commission on Disabilities (BCCD), Current Appointment by County Executive
- Life Planning Resource Group (LPR)
- Dementia Care Consortium (DCC)/Alzheimer’s Association
- Baltimore County Provider Council (BCPC)
- Coalition of Geriatric Services (COGS)
- Geriatric Assistance Information Network (GAIN)
- National Age In Place Council (NAIPC)
- Maryland Senior Resource Network (MSRN)
- Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business Entrepreneurship Program